Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Walkmen

Well well, just as I was getting over how fantastic 2010's Lisbon was, it literally feels like no time before The Walkmen have dropped yet another LP on us.  Now I'm having to go through the trouble of deciding which one I like more, an inconvenience I'm not too upset about.  In the grander picture, it's worth noting just how good a stream of albums The Walkmen have put out. They really are quite amazing, and any doubts I may have had about them putting out another record so quickly was squashed with this year's Heaven.  Carrying the album is Hamilton Leithauser's vocals, his distinct voice clearly revealing Heaven as a Walkmen production.  To me it's the highlight of the entire release, and he's doing things with it that I've never really heard him do before.  This helps Heaven sound refreshing instead of a recycled version of Lisbon, which is what my initial worries were.  I've posted a few of my favorites below for you all to check out, album-opener "We Can't Be Beat" as well as "Song For Leigh", so feel free to have a listen below.

We Can't Be Beat

Song For Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment